"Our personal consumer choices have ecological, social, and spiritual consequences. It is time to re-examine some of our deeply held notions that underlie our lifestyles."
— David Suzuki
General Outdoor Retailers
The outdoor retail industry is a very tough business and small independent outdoor equipment suppliers come and go at an alarming rate. Margins on most items except clothing are very small. Competition with none outdoor retailers (or quasi outdoor retailers) selling cheap rip offs made in the far east are all around us. Many retailers are under huge pressure to stop selling garments made by cheap labour on one hand and to lower prices to compete on the other. Over the last five years our shopping habits have nearly destroyed the clothing industry in the USA and Canada. Please do your best to Support North American Producers of Quality Outdoor Clothing, Sleeping Bags, Backpacks, Stoves, and Equipment.
- Campers Village [AB Canada]
- Mountain Equipment Coop [Canada's Outdoor Equipment Coop.]
- Taiga Works [BC Canada]
- Track N' Trail [AB Canada]
GPS and Navigation Products
- Discover GPS [AB & SK Canada, Garmin GPS Specialists]
Manufactures of Specialty Outdoor Products
- Integral Designs [Manufacture of Innovative Tents, Shelters, and Bivy Bags]
- Kluane Mountaineering [Manufacture of Canada's Best 100% Goose Down Sleeping Bags]
- Mountain Safety Research [Manufacture of the Quality Multi Fuel Stoves]
- Rocky Mountain Books [Publishers of excellent Canadian Outdoor Related Books]
- Survival on Snow [Manufacture of excellent Avalanche Shovels and Probes]