"Take Some Time to Learn First Aid and CPR. It Saves lives, and it Works."
— Bobby Sherman
It is Worth the Time to Take as Quality a Wilderness First Aid Course. It is very likely to save your life or one of your wilderness travelling companions lives some day. I highly Recommend either a 40 hour or an 80 hour Wilderness First Aid Course. Take the time it is really worth it.
Recommended Wilderness First Aid Schools
I highly recommend these two companies having taken Wilderness First Aid courses from them. I have found their instruction very professional and their courses worth both the time and money.
- Rescue Dynamics [AB Canada, Excellent Wilderness First Aid Training]
- Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine [AB Canada, Wilderness FA Training and Supplies]
Notable Wilderness First Aid Schools
- Advanced Wilderness Emergency Response [AB Canada, Alberta Health and Safety Training Institute]
- Advanced Response Training [ON Canada, Wilderness, Urban and Aquatic Rescue Training]
- BWI's Wilderness Survival Core Seminar [AB Canada, Survival Psychology & Physiology]
- Canadian Wilderness Medical Training [ON Canada, Wilderness FA Training]
- Paddlefoot [ON Canada, Wilderness FA and Small Craft Rescue]
- SIRIUS Wilderness Medicine [QC Canada, Wilderness FA Training]
- SlipStream [BC Canada, Wilderness First Aid Training]
- St. John Ambulance [Canada Wide, First Aid in the Wilderness]
- Yamnuska Mountain Rescue [AB Canada]
Wilderness First Aid Resources
Wilderness First Aid Training is a Fundamental Wilderness Trekking & Survival Skill. Any type of first aid training can be a life saving skill, but Wilderness First Aid Training teaches you what to do when you are beyond the one hour to hospital tether. These skills are extremely important to any wilderness traveller. Don't take chances, take a wilderness first aid course before you travel into the wilderness.
- Survival Medical Page [Equipped to Survive]
- Wilderness First Aid: Ready for the Worst [By Cathleen Ann Steg, Scouting 2002]
- Wilderness Medical Society [Excellent Resource Section]
Notable Wilderness Medical Suppliers
Many companies and first aid organizations produce or sell first aid equipment. Some produced or sell gear that is superior to the others. These four dealers produced excellent equipment and kits worth purchasing. If you are building your own kit try starting with Adventure Medical Kits replacement packages as they are far cheaper than their pre-made kits.