Our Classic Winter Trek Returns
"The trip itself is a lot of fun - provided you are reasonably comfortable outdoors. I had a great time hiking though the winter woods and building structures and tools with minimal equipment. It is a course worth taking just for the fun of the activity. I would highly recommend it to anyone who can enjoy the outdoors without a feather mattress." — WST Participant
The Winter Survival Trek (WST) is a one-of-a- kind 4-Day Skill Building Winter Survival & Bushcraft Trek. This trek allows you to practice advanced winter survival and bushcraft skills as you travel. Skills covered include safe winter travel, snowshoes use, route selection, camp selection and practical cooking over a fire. The total route will normally be between 20 and 30 km's of hiking in snowshoes over a four day period. You will need to be in good shape and willing to climb some slopes and take part in route finding challenges found during the trip. The route will be hilly, snow-covered and involve winter travel in the foothills of the Eastern Slopes of the Canadian Rockies.
Winter Survival Trek Fine Print
- Cost Includes: Instruction, Group Shared Tools, Shelter Material and Snowshoes (if you require a pair).
- NOT Provided: Transportation to and from End Point, Food, Personal Gear, Survival Tools, Winter Boots and Clothing.
- You will need to be self-contained in terms of gear, shelters will be one or two person with a shared fire and you may be required to carry some group gear.
- Please Ask Questions before you arrive to Avoid Problems.
- Course will be conducted in the Foothills of the Eastern Slopes of the Canadian Rockies and may require a shuttle (BWI will arrange and pay for this service).
- Locations Change Yearly and vary depending on Snow Conditions, Road Conditions, Weather, Location Availability and Fire Bans, etc.