Our Classic Trek Returns in 2023
"The trip itself is a lot of fun - provided you are reasonably comfortable outdoors. I had a great time hiking though the winter woods and building structures and tools with minimal equipment. It is a course worth taking just for the fun of the activity. I would highly recommend it to anyone who can enjoy the outdoors without a feather mattress." — WST Participant
This advanced Winter Survival Trek (WST) allows you to practice winter survival skills by travelling over four days between three separate camps. Skills covered include safe winter travel, snowshoes use, route selection, camp selection and practical cooking over a fire. The total route will normally be about 30km's of hiking in snowshoes over a four day period. You will need to be in good shape and willing to climb some slopes and take part in route finding challenges found during the trip. The route will be hilly, snow-covered and involve travel in late winter in the foothills of the Eastern Slopes of the Canadian Rockies.
Winter Survival Trek
- Cost Includes: Instruction, Shelter Material, Snowshoes (if you require a pair) and Group Suppers.
- NOT Provided: Transportation, Food, Personal Gear, Survival Tools, Winter Boots and Clothing.
- You will need to be self-contained in terms of gear, except for the supper meals, group cooking gear and shelter material. Shelters will be two person with a group fire.
- Please Ask Questions before you arrive to Avoid Problems.
- Course will be conducted in the Foothills of the Eastern Slopes of the Canadian Rockies and may require a shuttle.
- Locations Change Yearly and vary depending on Snow Conditions, Road Conditions, Weather, Location Availability, and Fire Bans, etc.