Take Survival Training This Winter
"If you want Real applicable Survival Skills & No Survival TV Crap, Take this Course, it Might Save Your Life." — CWSC Graduate
The Complete Wilderness Survival Course (CWS) is One-of-a-Kind, World Class, Professionally Taught Modern Wilderness Survival Course. This 5-day course includes the Survival Core Seminar on the first day. It emphasizes extensive fire lighting and shelter building training. Knifecraft, proper survival tool use, dealing with the winter forest, useful winter forest resources, cooking fires and melting snow will be practiced and learnt. This is the survival course you need to gain solid confidence in modern survival techniques that can be used quickly anywhere in the Canadian wilderness.
"Practical, Effective, Hands-on Learning. Likely the best Outdoor Related Purchase I've Ever Made." — WFT Graduate
"Your Training has given me the Confidence to do a lot more in the Wilderness with a lot less. One of my long-time friends and back country partners paid me the ultimate complement the other year. He said that I am changed man in the backcountry and hell of a mountain man. This has a great deal to do with your ability to teach and the great course you put on and how it empowered me to think and do things differently in the Back Country."
— CWSC Graduate (Writing about his experience a few years later)
This course gives you the chance to develop and practice winter survival skills to a high level, it has a relaxed hands-on learning atmosphere. It will allow you to take on challenges of the Canadian wilderness in winter over multiple days and nights. Participants will have the opportunity to build at least five winter survival shelters and sleep in three shelters. Learn to use various survival tools, including using and sharpening scandi-bladed Survival Knife. Firecraft practice will be extensive and emphasis will be lighting fire with natural tinder and a striker.
Field Training Skills Covered
- Safely using a Survival Knife
- Basic Knife Handling
- Wood Splitting with a Survival Knife
- Sharpening Board & Knife Sharpening
Using Survival Tools
- Build & Use a Baton
- Notches & Try Sticks
- Useful Knots
- Using a Bow Saw
- Safe Falling of Deadfall Trees
- 15 Minute Snowshoes
- Using Artificial and Natural Tinder
- Finding Natural Fire Lighting Aids
- Extensive Fire Lighting with a Striker
- Standard and Survival Twig Bundles
- Getting a Fire Started
- Keeping a Fire Burning
- Overnight Fire Management Skills
- Selection of Proper Fire Wood
- No-Evergreen Fire Lighting
- Building Cooking Cranes
- Cooking over a Fire
- Collecting and Melting Snow
- Single & Double Super Shelters
- Various Lean-to Shelters
- Building a 4-Finger Bough Bed
- Quinche Building (Snow Permitting)
- Build various Winter Survival Shelters
The Boreal Forest
- Trees of the Boreal Forest
- Useful plants of the Winter Forest
- Survival Camp Locations
- Use and Identification of Aspect/Slope
- Safe Travel through the Winter Forest
"Instructor is great, very good way to take the skills learned and apply them." — WFT Graduate
Complete Survival Course Fine Print
- Cost Includes: Canadian Wilderness Survival (Course Manual), Instruction, Course Materials; a Survival Knife, Fire Lighting Kit and the use of various materials, shelters, tools and cooking pots during the course.
- NOT Provided: Transportation, Food, Personal Gear, Winter Boots and Clothing.
- Please Ask Questions before you arrive to Avoid Problems.
- Day 1 of the Course is in the Classroom in Edmonton, on Day 2 its off to the Boreal Forest early that Morning until Day 5.
- Locations Change Yearly and vary depending on Snow Conditions, Road Conditions, Weather, Location Availability, and Fire Bans, etc.
"Course was a Wonderful Learning Experience with Knowledgeable Instructors, which allowed lots of time to Actually Practice the Skills we were Learning." — CWSC Graduate